Low Cost Spay/Neuter
Sign up - it's easy!
- Please sign up ahead of time by coming to our office at 182 Richland Street in Waynesville, Tuesday thru
Friday, 11am - 5pm or call for an appointment at 828-452-1329.
- Pets must be at least 8 weeks old and 3 pounds at the time of surgery to be eligible.
Please bring photo ID and income verification at time of sign up. Income verification includes recent pay stub, W2 or 1040 front page, SSI & SSD. Call 452-1329 for a list of all state accepted documentation.
Instructions for Spay/Neuter Day:
- All pets must be in a plastic pet carrier for transport.
Carriers are available for rent for $5.
- Your pet may receive 1/3 normal feeding in the morning before transport.
They can have water at any time.
- Drop your pet(s) off at 8:00 am (Wednesday) at 182 Richland Street.
- Pickup your pet at 1:00 p.m. the following day (Thursday) at the same location.
What if I can't meet your schedule?
You can purchase low cost vouchers from us and make your own appointment with the
Humane Alliance clinic. The surgery must be done within 30 days of the date the vouchers are signed.
What if I can't get my pet to the clinic transport and back?
Our volunteers can help. Call 828-452-1329 to register your pet and arrange for ALTERnate Transport.
Last year 35% of dogs euthanized at the Haywood County Animal Shelter were pits. Stop the euthanasia of this breed. Fix your pit! Your reward is a healthier, happier well behaved dog and no unwanted litters.
FREE surgery, FREE rabies, and FREE microchip for Haywood County pit/mixes with income-qualified owners. Call 828-452-1329 today!
READ MORE ABOUT IT:
Upcoming Spay/Neuter Clinic Datess:
Oct. 24, Nov. 7, Nov. 28